The Bell, Waltham St Lawrence
We promote Real Ales and Ciders from small, independent brewers, and produce exceptionally good food from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Dating back to the 14th Century, The Bell, Waltham St Lawrence, was bequeathed to the village in 1608 by stationer Sir Ralph Newbury. Since then, proceeds from the rent of the building have been used to fund local charities and their various endeavours. In 2004 twin brothers Iain and Scott Ganson decided to prove that food of an exceptional quality could be served in a pub without turning the local into a restaurant.
The kitchen at The Bell offers a short, seasonally focused menu, specialising in game, whole animal butchery and a root to tip appreciation of fresh produce. This is ingredient led cooking with bold flavours and a rustic edge.
The Bell supports CAMRA’s LocAle campaign, which aims to support local breweries; most of the beers stocked at the bar are sourced within a 30-mile radius. The Bell is also a supporter of CAMRA’s campaign for real cider, with up to eight real ciders and perries always available straight from the cellar.
- We’re asking everyone to check in for Track and Trace.
- Limiting party sizes to a maximum of 6 guests.
- We’ll have a one way system in place: in through the front door, out through the back (genius!).
- Easily accessible Sanitiser Stations for everyone.
- Regular, enhanced, surface cleaning.
- Cashless payment only.
- Table seated and table service only.
- We’ve reduced our opening hours.